Saturday, July 19, 2008

I've been outed

When posting about my birthday/fathers day my wife included a photo of me opening a gift, or more specifically a Lego set. I love Lego's and I am a grown man, there I've said it. I noticed that there is a new Vintage Minifigure Collection and the oldest are some very familiar to me.


I decided I would do my own little vintage collection, or time line. I have one that is very old and predates those in the lego set of the vintage guys. I felt this was representative of the minifigs I've had over they years and still love today (generic ancient figure, astronaut, firefighter, knight, pirate, Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones).
I decided to put all the minifigures I have together, at least the ones I have here at home. There is a Lego collection in Boise I think I might still be able to claim as my own. Take a look.


Of all those guys I have, most have been found second hand at thrift stores. In some cases I have found entire sets fully intact, the best example is pictured below. It came in the box with instructions and is out in the garage assembled right now.


Yes it might be childish, but I enjoy them. I have at least one brother that has collected some Lego sets of his own. Really my boys will be playing with them a lot in the next couple of years too, that's my real justification for collecting so much right now.

2 comments:

Colin R. said...

It's true, I totted up the Duplo bins and boxes, and we have over fifty(!) sets. And that's just the Duplos. I haven't even cracked the bins full of Technic and Star Wars and random other LEGO bits. New sets continually tempt me. On the other hand, I'm inclined to think we might have enough, and I think I've resisted temptation for a while - we may have only purchased one new set since Christmas.

M&E will certainly enjoy your collection. I can't think of better toys for imaginative play.

boisegrammy said...

Hmmm - maybe I should go out in the garage and root through some of those bins of Legos. Perhaps there is an obscure vintage person that I am holding hostage.