Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And the home improvement begins

We spent a week in our new home before heading off for a week of vacation and now reality is setting in. There are no big projects to do just yet, but I've officially started on one of the little ones. Today while I was home for lunch, I started patching small holes from nails and other such things in the walls. The best was the entryway from the living room to the Kitchen. The corner bead had been hit pretty hard and dented. It was covered with scotch tape and painted very poorly. I wanted to get at least some of the patching done at lunch so I could get it better filled after work. I went to all the effort of patching and painting at the old place just to do it again in the new place. Once the patching and touch up is complete I'll move on to replacing the kitchen sink and faucet. It's just more fun than I should be allowed to have

No comments: