Friday, November 16, 2007

Scarry

As my non-blogging sister has told the story, I loved a certain Richard Scarry book as a child and would get upset if she tried to skip a page or even condense the story a bit. I could read the same story to myself even before I could read. The story was Babykins and His Family. I almost got a copy from eBay, but was barely out bid.

I have been looking for those great out of print classic Richard Scarry titles and have managed to find a few. I check the thrift stores every so often and love it when I make a great find. Here are some of them.


The Best Mother Goose Ever is great because it isn't the sanitised version of all the old nursery rhymes that kids get today, I can really let my children know what will happen to them if they are naughty. Fun With Words is really The Best Word Book, but with a dictionary added to the back of it. There is a funny flickr site that compares the original and the updated versions of the Best Word book ever.

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

You always loved looking for Lowly Worm on every page too. The Richard Scarry books are awesome!

annzy said...

That fliker site was awesome. Also how funny is that Richard Scarry came up at dinner on Saturday night.