Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Son Doesn't Chew His Food

This evening we went to a park that we used to frequent before moving to our house. We have driven past this park and seen that the cool old playground had been replaced and assumed it was the typical modern playground that isn't all that fun. We were wrong. There are more things to spin on at this park than I have seen anywhere in a long time. M's favorite was a "Spinner Bowl" that looks like this
Since it is on an angle it can really go for a long time. I tried it out and even a little motion will get it spinning. M wasn't interested in a little spinning. I would get it going and it would really go for a while.
On the ride home he said his throat didn't feel good. Just after we pulled into the driveway he tossed his cookies. This is how I know he doesn't chew his food. I know, I'm an awful father, but he was enjoying himself at the time and I expected the results to be more immediate if they were going to show up at all.

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

At least he waited until you were already home. It could have been a lot worse.

Mariam said...

Kent and I laughed so hard. That's a great story.