Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday DW

Birthday cakes are very important in my family and my wife also has strong feelings for birthday cakes. I'm not too great at decorating cakes, but I'm related to plenty of others that are very talented in this area, fortunately the DW prefers the substance of the cake to its appearance. She chose an orange cake this year, fitting because orange is her favorite color. Being that it was a layer cake with orange flavored frosting I looked at the picture in the cookbook and tried my best to duplicate the cake. I think I did a pretty good job, but I won't know for a few more hours how well it really turned out. Until then, Happy birthday, may it be delightful.

3 comments:

annzy said...

it looks really pretty~

Lucy van Pelt said...

You did a fine job! It's more important for it to taste good than to look pretty, but it looks good too.

Natasha said...

I didn't know you could bake! Great job on the orange cake!