Thursday, July 5, 2007

What's in a name?

So I decided that since everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't I have a blog of my own. I started coming up with names.

First I thought of Linus Van Pelt because my sister is Lucy Van Pelt. I had my blanket for comfort as a child and all, but Linus was a middle child and I'm the youngest. That brought me to Rerun, but aside from being Lucy's youngest brother we didn't have much in common.

I then thought of my brother's title of More Evil and thought maybe I could be the Brother of All Evil, but he is not all evil (I don't think he that evil period) and I just don't want to make him sound worse than he really is.

The DW suggested something apple, computers and not the fruit, related, but that's just become another form f snobbery in the last few years and I don't want to sound like a snob. That's when my former profession in theatre gave her the idea that I come up with a name related to lighting design. In a way the DW's and my titles are related in a color sense, Orange and Other Bright Colors and my own Color Theory for the Color Blind. What better title for a color blind lighting designer (of sorts).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Orange said...

I like your blog! I found out about it from the link that mysteriously appeared on my blog, crazy...

Sam said...

love the title! Glad to hear from you on the blogosphere Gage!